Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Brown and Pink and Blue, Oh My!

A warning about having colorful hair: You will be stared at.
It's something you expect when you dye your hair fun colors, but the constant staring and sometimes finger-pointing and whispering can get annoying.
Which is why I decided to tone it down a bit for my next hair dye job, and dye my hair brown, with pink and blue underneath.


 I used a L'oreal brand for the brown...but I forget what color it was exactly. Oops. I bought it from Walmart for around $8. The pink and blue dyes were Special Effects Atomic Pink and Blue Mayhem.



One of the things I liked best about this hair was that the fading wasn't as much as a nuisance. L'oreal brand dye doesn't fade as quickly as semi permanent dye such as Special Effects. So even when the pink and blue faded after a couple of weeks, it didn't look terrible because the brown lasted for months without fading.
A couple of weeks after dying-- the blue and pink are a bit faded

The dying process I used is the same I did for my pink/blue hair. I dyed the brown first, then the pink underlayer, then the bottom layer I dyed blue.

Multi-colored hair is really fun! If you don't want to dye all of your hair, this is also a great way to add some color to your hair. Just bleach and dye the bottom layers, leaving your natural color on top. If you grow to really love the unnatural colors, you can always dye the rest of your hair later!

No comments:

Post a Comment