Monday, March 17, 2014

Adore Hot Pink

I've heard good things about Adore hair dye, and for only $5 a bottle, I decided to give it a try!

Adore is a semi-permanent hair dye that comes in a variety of colors! You can find Adore on Amazon.com for about $5 a bottle.

The color I used was Adore's Hot Pink.




Adore is pretty liquidy, especially when compared with the thicker dye I usually use, Special Effects. This wasn't a problem though, because I mixed the dye with conditioner in order to have a more subdued pink color. I poured the conditioner and dye into a cup and mixed it with a applicator brush; I probably used about 3/4 conditioner and 1/4 dye.

I applied the dye over copperish hair:
hair before applying the dye
The lighter your hair color, the better. I wish my hair had been a lighter blonde before applying the pink dye, but I had bleached it three times already trying to get red dye out, and wanted to give it some time to heal before bleaching again!

I let the dye sit for an hour before washing it out with cool water. I loved how it turned out!

After about two weeks, my hair faded to this peachy color:
If I hadn't diluted the dye with conditioner, the color would've lasted even longer!
I decided to bleach it out and, I have to say, the result is one of my favorite hair colors!

light pink achieved by bleaching faded Adore Hot Pink
Though I love the color it turned after bleaching, Adore Hot Pink proves impossible to bleach completely out, as do most pink dyes. After three bleaching attempts, there are still pink tones in my hair!

I would definitely recommend Adore hair dye! It's the cheapest semi-permanent dye on the market, and has a bunch of fun colors! 

You can see more reviews on HairCrazy.

Want to see more pink dyes? Read my review on Special Effects Atomic Pink!


3 comments:

  1. Love it !! So,do you think if i dyed my hair with hot pink over my orange-light brown hair will turn out pink or at least kind of red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lighter the color the better, but I think it would at least turn a red/pink color! You could always dye a test strand and see what color it turns. And your English is perfect! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh and sorry for my bad english,I´m a spanish girl,oleee!! Lol :-)

    ReplyDelete