Saturday, June 22, 2013

Splat Blue Envy

After my first hair dye attempt, I decided to redo the blue, but this time bleach first.
I also changed brands and bought Splat Blue Envy! the main reason I chose Splat was because the box comes with bleach as well as dye!
After bleaching, my hair looked a bit like mermaid hair--mainly light blonde with a few green/blue undertones.

sorry for my ugly face but i thought you should see the color of my hair before I dyed it ok bye

 I have heard some people complaining about Splat bleach, saying that it is really harsh on their hair or that it doesn't work properly. But I had no problems with it. My hair length was down to my shoulders and very thick, and the bleach Splat provided was more than enough to cover all my hair. My hair felt a little dried out afterwards, but that's to be expected and nothing a few conditionings can't fix!

And then the fun part! Dying the hair!
I waited till my hair was completely dry after washing out the bleach, and then did another bathroom dye job! Splat is a more liquid-y due than Special Effects, so there were a bit more stains on the bathroom floor caused by the drippy dye. Oops.

But the color came out fantastic!



Purchased At: Walmart
Price: Around $8

This was a very bright blue! And I really was surprised with how long it lasted for a cheap Walmart dye. It lasted about a month before fading.

Probably the worst part, though, was how much the color bled. I couldn't walk out in a light rain without the blue bleeding into my clothes. And every time I took a shower and saw all the blue rushing down the drain, I felt like I was watching a Smurf version of "Psycho". 

Also, the color it faded to was kind of icky...
kind of a bluish/gray color...


Overall though, I was pleasantly surprised with Splat! The color was bright and fairly long-lasting. And the price was great considering it came with bleach and dye!

2 comments:

  1. What color was your hair before bleaching?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before bleaching, my hair was a faded blue (kind of a grayish color) that I had dyed over naturally blonde hair. You can see it here: http://yourcandyhair.blogspot.com/2013/06/feeling-blue.html?m=1

      Delete