Thursday, June 20, 2013

Feeling Blue

This is a picture of me before this whole hair dye journey started:

As you can see my hair was a golden blonde color.

Wow, I haven't seen that color for awhile...

Anyways, one day I was like "Hey! You know what's pretty? Colorful hair!"

So I bought Special Effects Blue Mayhem and my sister and helped me dye my hair in our bathroom.

End result:

Purchased At: Amazon.com
Price: Around $12


This was my first hair dye attempt, and I loved it! I felt like I was channeling my inner Coraline/Katy Perry. 
But if I could go back in time there was definitely something I would've done differently!

 I would bleach my hair first! I didn't want to damage my hair, but I had to end up bleaching it a couple weeks later anyways when the blue started fading and it turned into an ugly gray color ugh. If I had bleached my hair first, the blue would have been brighter and would have lasted longer!

If you are looking for a deep blue color, I would definitely recommend Special Effects Blue Mayhem! It lasted a good month even on my unbleached hair before fading! And it really is a pretty color! Later, I dyed a bleached section of my hair with Blue Mayhem and it was seriously the prettiest blue. I don't have a good picture of my hair with the color, but you can see how it turned out for other people here!


No comments:

Post a Comment