Sunday, October 6, 2013

Unicorn Hair!

If you ever wanted magical girl colored hair--look no further!


The color is Special Effects Wildflower! (I diluted it with conditioner--about 1/5 dye and 4/5 conditioner).

The most common compliment I received was that I looked like a unicorn.
Which I am more than okay with.
Special Effects Wildflower is my spirit color


I read some reviews saying that this purple was pink-based, meaning that it would fade to a salmony color. Maybe it depends on the color of your hair before you dye (my hair was bleached to a light greenish/blonde after my last hair job), but I had no trouble with any pinkish tones! Wildflower was a true purple for me, that faded beautifully to a light lilac--almost white!

Since I diluted it so much, it did fade quickly--my hair was practically white with a hint of purple after two weeks (still a gorgeous color!). I decided to try using about 1/2 dye, and 1/2 conditioner.
half dye, half conditioner

I thought this darker purple was really pretty, as well! It was more of an indigo color, and lasted about three weeks before fading! I'm sure using the dye without diluting it at all would cause the color to be even darker, and last longer!

Another perk of dying your hair purple is that purple tends to be very easy to bleach out! After a short bleaching session with my faded purple hair, my hair was practically white! This is because purple dye counteracts orangeish tones in hair c:

So whether you want a darker indigo color, or a pretty pastel lilac--Special Effects Wildflower is the dye for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment